Enjoy my video as I share the ingredients and health benefits of my post-exercise smoothie.
- 1/2 scoop SUNWARRIOR protein powder (or any NON-soy vegan protein)
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- Handful berries
- Something green, either a handful of kale or spinach or a GREENS powder such as the one I mention in my video
- Water to desired consistency
Blend and enjoy!
- One of my favourite protein powders because it’s creamy like whey (without the belly ache) and contains all 9 essential amino acids. It’s 85% protein, which is the highest (non-soy) raw whole grain sprouted protein on the market.
- Highly digestible because it’s “sprouted”, meaning, it’s like eating a pre-digested food. The enzyme inhibitors have been removed and your gut can very easily break it down, assimilate and absorb all the nutrients.
- 100% organic and non-GMO.
- High in vitamins and minerals and since absorption is high due to the brown rice being sprouted, this means you are truly getting these nutrients where you need them – into your cells.
Maca Root Powder
- Smells like heaven – nutty and delicious, without being overpowering.
- A quick and inexpensive way to feel like a superhero.
- High in vitamins (particularly vitamin B12), minerals (bone-building: calcium and magnesium) and is a complete source of vegetarian protein.
- Has been used historically, for a variety of purposes, including the balancing of thyroid function, endocrine hormones, sexual function, alleviating PMS and as a regulator for healthy aging.
- It’s recommended to start with a half teaspoon of maca every day and to work up to a teaspoon or two a day over the course of a few weeks. If you’re taking it daily, it’s best to take a day off each week.
Health benefits of chia here: http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2010/09/09/8-health-benefits-of-chi-chi-chia-blood-sugar-belly-fat-more/
Check out my latest and greatest recipes!
- Organic pecan chicken stuffed with apples and goat cheese: http://www.thatsfit.ca/2011/02/25/pecan-crusted-stuffed-chicken-recipe/
- Ways to sneak maca into your diet: http://www.thatsfit.ca/2011/02/24/super-snack-maca-raspberry-chocolate-smoothie/
- Recipe revamp – Rice Pudding: http://www.thatsfit.ca/2011/02/23/recipe-revamp-rice-pudding/
- Gluten-free lemon poppy seed loaf: http://www.thatsfit.ca/2011/02/21/lemon-poppy-seed-loaf/
- Forget Nutella, Homemade Hazelnut spread: http://www.thatsfit.ca/2011/02/16/delicious-and-nutritious-homemade-hazelnut-spread/
Have a wonderful joyous day!