I absolutely love tea! As I mention in my video I'm sharing with you today (scroll down for the video), I've always been a tea drinker. I had a short stint in my early 30's where I used to drink cappuccinos, but when I came to the realization that it was causing joint pain in my wrist and terrible mouth ulcers, I stopped. I had a food sensitivity! Even during that time, I would still always end my day with a cup of tea, just like I do now.
For me, tea is all about self-care. Taking a time out to enjoy a hot mug of tea is pure bliss. Creating rituals and routines that focus on well-being are necessary to a happy and healthy life. Tea is my evening ritual and I have my morning routines too.
If you have morning and evening rituals, I would love to hear them in the comments. Share them with me! Make sure you read the whole post because at the bottom of this post you can enter to win an amazing prize package from me!
Another part of our evening ritual is reading stories to and sometimes "with" Vienna. She has many of her books memorized so sometimes it's the other way around! And in case you're wondering, Vienna likes tea too. Her favourite tea is peppermint. I just chop up some fresh mint leaves and put them into a warm mug of water for her.
Now that it's getting colder outside, I'm drinking even more tea than I do in the warmer months. I love lattes in the morning with my NEW Rise and Shine tea because I want something more creamy and comforting. During the mid-afternoon, I'll drink Joyous Detox or Rise and Shine again (without nut milk though). Joyous Detox is great for digestion after a meal because of the bitter herbs like milk thistle and dandelion. In the evening, I drink Joyous Rejuvenate or a chamomile tea before bed, as they are both caffeine-free and delicious!
You may have never heard about this Rise and Shine Tea before because it's a brand new tea to the joyous family!! It actually just launched this month. I developed this tea with The Honest Leaf because I've been a huge fan of turmeric and cinnamon together ever since I started drinking Golden Lattes.
The Rise and Shine Tea is very grounding and uplifting. Honestly, it's the best way to start your day joyously!
The ingredients in my new tea are all organic, including:
- Cardamom seed
- Coconut extract
And they are handcrafted right here in Toronto!
- Tulsi is a wonderful natural adaptogen . This means it helps your body adapt to stress. It's also contains many anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
- Turmeric is the king when it comes to anti-inflammatory superfoods. It also stimulates phase two detoxication in the liver. Turmeric helps bile flow more freely which is another essential component of detoxication. I've got lots of posts using turmeric as an ingredient: Turmeric Cauliflower Fried Rice, Turmeric Butternut Blender Soup and more!
- Ginger has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It can really help to ease a stomach ache.
- Cinnamon helps with blood sugar management by increasing sensitivity to insulin and may reduce insulin resistance. It is a potent antioxidant outranking garlic and oregano and a great way to sweeten food naturally.
- Cardamom seed has a high level of antioxidants which have been linked to heart health. It has a natural diuretic effect too.
- Coconut extract contains anti-microbial properties that can kill harmful pathogens including bad bacteria and fungi.
On a cold day, these ingredients together really help to warm up your body temperature. This tea is wonderful for someone who always feels cold! It's spicy, grounding and absolutely delicious. You can add honey, but it's naturally sweet all on its own so you don't really need it.
It's the best way to make your turmeric lattes! I show you in my latest video how to make this latte. You can use any nut milk: cashew milk, almond milk or hemp milk.
Rise and Shine Latte
Select Stars →
- Brew 1 tsp Rise and Shine loose leaf tea
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Desired amount of nut milk (1/2-1 cup)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Boil water and brew tea in a tea pot or mug. 1 tsp of tea per person.
- Steam milk or warm up milk in a small pot on low temperature on the stove until hot but not boiling. Be careful it doesn't burn.
- If you're following the method of warming the milk on the stove and you want froth simply place warmed milk in a high power blender and blend, or froth with an immersion blender.
- Pour warmed milk into mug of brewed tea and add honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
It's creamy, spicy, warm, sweet and comforting. Just like I mentioned in my video, this drink is like a warm hug!
And now for this amazing giveaway!!
You can enter for the chance to win 3 bags of tea (which is approximately a 4-month supply) plus the Indigo tea pot and mug featured in my video. Check out the photo below – you can enter to win the mug on the left and the teapot behind (an $80 value!).
Rise and Shine Giveaway v2
Happy sipping friends!