I teach at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition and in the last two classes of the course my students present a food demo. Fortunately for me, I get to try many new recipes created by Holistic Nutrition students. They always meet my formula of Delicious + Nutritious = Joyous Recipe!
One of my students Nicole, made these awesomely delicious and moist gluten-free muffins. I asked her if I could share them with you all because a recipe as yummy as this MUST be shared. Lucky for us, she said yes!
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Morning Glory Muffins
Select Stars →
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oats (look for gf)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in coconut oil to the wet mixture.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and combine, but do not over mix. Fold in the carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans.
- Scoop muffin mix into muffin tins. They do not rise a lot, so you can fill the batter up to the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.