WOW. What a juicy episode this was! I enjoyed speaking to Jenn Pike on her podcast, The Simplicity Sessions. We talked all about the microbiome – a topic that you all know I'm deeply passionate about and its relation to our overall health, but especially for the health of our hormones! I can't wait to hear what you think of this episode.
Listen on iTunes, Stitcher and Spotify
In this episode we discuss:
- The relationship between the gut microbiome and your overall health
- We are more bacteria than we are human
- The importance of taking care of our bacteria
- Foundation of good gut health starts with regular bowel movements
- Bowel movements directly contribute to hormone detoxification
- Key foods that are effective at supporting body's natural detoxification process
- What to do if experiencing problems digesting raw foods
- How to introduce raw foods back into your diet
- How to care for your skin (the largest channel of elimination)
- Showering the right way to protect your skin microbes
- Getting rid of the beauty products that are hindering natural beauty and health
What's one thing you do to support the health of your microbiome daily?