This Mighty Caesar bowl is epically delicious! It is mighty yummy, it is mighty easy to make and it checks all the boxes in my nutritionist's heart.
It is totally plant-based, packed with tons of nourishing ingredients and it's got a nice crunch to it from the seeds.
You'll be super satisfied and feeling good after eating this warming and comforting bowl of goodness. Plus it's a convenient recipe if you do the prep work on the weekend for the sheet pan veggies.
I love sheet pan cooking and roasting up a ton of veggies on the weekend for warm and comforting salad bowls during busy weekdays.
I used Mother Raw bottled salad dressing which I know, is very unusual for me to use a prepared salad dressing! However, it checked all the boxes in terms of how healthy and insanely delicious it is.
This yummy 'mother Raw' salad dressing is:
- Made with all organic, plant-based ingredients
- Nothing artificial, free from preservatives, fillers, and artificial flavouring
- Convenient and amazing
- Includes key superfood ingredients such as hemp hearts, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, and raw apple cider vinegar
They have tons of yummy dressings, dips, condiments and more. The one I used for this Mighty Caesar Bowl was the Caesar, obvi ;) You can use my code "JOY" for 10% off at checkout.
I love this bowl especially right now in the middle of winter. On our walk this morning, it was -18C. For those of you who don't know celcius, let me tell you - THAT IS COLD! This is the perfect bowl to warm you up especially if you want to get in your veggies but don't want to have a raw salad.
This Mighty Caesar Bowl is
- Mighty good ;)
- Gluten-free and vegan
- Packed with gut-loving, digestive friendly fibre
- Rich in vitamin C, B-vitamins, potassium, magnesium, iron and 100's of phytonutrients
- Blood sugar balancing and fulfilling
- Easy to make
Here's the recipe...
The Mighty Caesar Bowl
Select Stars →
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium size beets, chopped (I used one red and one yellow beet)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Half a small red onion, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- Half a large cauliflower, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Mother Raw Caesar Dressing, as much as you like!
- Topping: Mixture of seeds - sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Cover two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place beets, potato, parsnips and onion into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle with half the garlic powder, dried rosemary and sea salt. Save the other half of those ingredients for seasoning the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Spread ingredients evenly over one of the parchment covered sheet pans. Next prepare the broccoli and cauliflower. You cook them on separate pans because they take less time to cook.
- Place brocc and cauli into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder, dried rosemary and sea salt.
- On a second parchment-covered baking sheet, spread brocc and cauli evenly on sheet.
- Bake beets, potato, parsnips and onions for 35 minutes. Bake brocc and cauli for 25 minutes. If you sliced your veggies smaller than I did, they will cook faster. Broccoli and cauli burn faster than the other ingredients, so just watch them around the 20 minutes. All veggies will be fork tender when cooked. If they are not fork tender at the time I have suggested, bake for longer. Every oven is different so bake it to your liking.
- While the veggies are cooking, bring a pot of water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook with lid for 15-20 minutes until you can fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile, chop up curly kale and massage with your hands to break down the tough fibre. Chop parsley.
- Now it's time to assemble your might caesar bowl! For a generous portion, divide quinoa into two bowls. Now mix in kale and parsley to each bowl. Top with roasted veggies. Pour desired amount of Mother Raw Caesar dressing into both bowls. I used about 1/3 a bottle for two salad bowls.
- Top with your favourite seeds - sesame, pumpkin and sunflower for a great nutritional boost and added crunch!
Serves 2 generously as a main meal or 4 as a side dish.
Use coupon code JOY for 10% off Mother Raw products at checkout: www.motherraw.com
You can easily make substitutions based on what you have. For instance, if you can't find parsnips or you don't like the taste, you could swap in carrots. Instead of quinoa you could use brown rice if you prefer.
I can't wait to hear how much you love this warming and comforting salad bowl!
Have a joyous day my friend!
Ps. This post is sponsored by Mother Raw, but all my opinions are my own. :)