This week, Joy chats with Samantha Gladish, a Hormone Nutritionist, with a speciality in metabolic and thyroid health. She is author of the Amazon bestseller, The 30-Day Hormone Solution and the host of one of Canada’s top-rated podcasts, The Wellness Witch. She is the founder of HolisticWellness.ca; a website dedicated to helping women optimize their health and hormones. In her spare time, you can find her baking up delicious healthy treats in her kitchen and getting woo-woo with tarot cards, plant medicine and diving into spiritual growth.
In this episode Samantha dives deep into plant medicines such as ayahuasca and psilocybin and how they can be used to access your intuition and spirituality. She shares her experiences in ceremony with these plant medicines and the amazing lessons she has learned along the way. You’ll love how Samantha weaves the scientific with the experiential in this episode!
If you have ever been curious about plant medicines and whether they might be right for you, then you won’t want to miss this episode. So settle in with your favourite cuppa soothing tea and get ready to dive into the mystical world of plant medicines.
- Why Samantha evolved her focus from solely hormonal health to embodying the woo woo of the Wellness Witch.
- Her relationship with spirituality and astrology.
- How slowing down and blocking out the noise helped her connect with spirit.
- The power of nature for soothing the nervous system.
- An explanation of ayahuasca, DMT, and spiritual experiences.
- How ayahuasca can physically support the body as well as spirit.
- Samantha’s experiences in ayahuasca ceremony.
- Why each ceremonial experience is unique to the individual.
- The connection between DMT and plant medicine healing.
- How ayahuasca allowed her to access parts of herself to deeply heal.
- Why integrating what comes up in ceremony is crucial for healing.
- The biggest lesson she learned from ceremony.
- Plant medicine safety.
- Why ayahuasca medicine needs to be passed down through a lineage.
- What is psilocybin and how it’s used as plant medicine.
- How psilocybin is prepared in ceremony & Samantha’s experiences with it.
- How psilocybin & ayahuasca affect the body differently.
- The difference between taking psilocybin in ceremony or as a microdose.
- Her experience in ceremony with her husband.
- The importance of finding a safe person to guide your ceremonies.
- How her experiences with plant medicine have allowed her to connect to her intuition more deeply.
- Who shouldn’t take plant medicines.
Samanatha on Instagram
The 30 Day Hormone Solution Book
Sign up for her Newsletter
Wellness Witch Podcast
Hormone Healing Programs
Samantha on Facebook
Samantha on YouTube