I subscribe to this blog: Marc and Angel Hack Life and I enjoyed this latest post 18 Truths to Start Telling Yourself, so I wanted to share it with you! I have quoted some of the "truths" here, but there are a total of 18.
These are my favourite 5!
Best quote of the whole post: "Optimism is a happiness magnet".
1. My actions and words directly affect the lives around me. Lead by example. Practice what you preach or dont preach at all. Walk the talk! People watch what you do more than they listen to what you say. Inspire, challenge and encourage people to their best, by doing YOUR best. And when someone else is doing a great job, tell them that youre proud of them. Encourage them. Take the time to recognize their effort. If they know you believe they can do great things, they will often go to great lengths to live up to your expectations. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know. Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive and confident, good things and good people will be drawn to you.
I struggle with this next one and that's why I'm sharing it. I feel "weak" when I cry, but sometimes a good cry is such an emotional release and it feels so good to let it out and show that you are human!
2. Adversity makes us strong and wise. Pain makes you stronger. Tears make you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser. Be grateful for your past because it helped shape who you are. And thank the past for a better future. Live for today, learn from yesterday, and hope for tomorrow. Life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain.
YES YES YES to this next one.
3. Everyone deserves kindness and respect. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you not because they are nice, but because you are. There are no boundaries or classes that define a group of people that deserve to be respected. Treat everyone with the same level of respect you would give to your grandfather and the same level of patience you would have with your baby brother. People will notice your kindness.
There have been times in my life when I have been dishonest. Why? Because I was fearful that if I shared my truth, then there would be repercussions and consequences. However, being honest makes your life easier. When you are always honest, this brings peace to your heart.
4. Dishonesty should never be tolerated. Nobody likes a liar. In the long-run, the truth always reveals itself anyway. Either you own up to your actions or your actions will ultimately own you. Living a life of honesty creates peace of mind, and peace of mind is priceless. Period. Dont be dishonest and dont put up with people who are.
I live this next and last point wholeheartedly and that is how I've grown my business to where it is at today! TAKE ACTION.
5. Knowledge without action accomplishes nothing. The number one thing I persistently see holding smart people back is their own reluctance to take action with the knowledge they already have. In other words, they believe they require additional knowledge, skill, experience, etc. before they can aptly partake in an opportunity. Yes, more knowledge is great to have, but without action it doesnt get you anywhere. Youve got to take baby steps. Youve got to act on what you know. Remember, the acquisition of knowledge doesnt mean youre growing; growing happens when what you know changes how you live.
So tell me, what's your favourite truth?
Have a joyous day!