Greetings joyous readers!
Sundays are my fun day messing around in the kitchen and I've created a new recipe that I hope becomes a staple in your home -- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili.
I've enjoyed it for dinner and packed a few lunches this week with chili as you may have seen on instagram. I was inspired to come up with this recipe because it was freezing outside on Sunday, hence my above photo earlier that day at Nadege -- my fave patisserie to have a joyous indulgence!
My husband Walker is nuts for chili and he gave me the taste test seal of approval!
Here's the delicious & nutritious recipe:
Mains & Sides
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Select Stars →
- 2 cans (15 oz / 425 g) organic BPA-free black beans
- 2 cans or glass jar (28 oz / 794 g) organic tomatoes crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 4 small sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1-2 hot chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- In a large pot on the stove, combine black beans, tomatoes, sweet potato and spices. Bring to a soft boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Meanwhile, saute the onions and peppers. When tender, combine with other ingredients in large pot. Add hot chili pepper and fresh garlic. Let simmer for 30 minutes to one hour. The longer you let the flavours mingle, the more flavourful chili.