I cannot think of a better person to kick off season 3 of the Joyous Health Podcast than Raia "Coach" Carey! I met her last year at an event I was speaking at, she was the panel host. She has a confident and magnetic personality and she's also warm and super personable. She's been through many triumphs and tribulations to get where she is at today and Walker and I were incredibly inspired by her.
From being bullied to being the bully, overcoming racism, losing 300lbs and So. Much. More. It was a ton of fun to talk to her and I think you're gonna love hearing Raia, who like her name sounds, is truly a ray of sunshine.
in this episode we discuss
- Being bullied and then becoming the bully
- How crying her eyes out in grade 4 helped her become more resilient
- The power of putting yourself out there and what can happen when you do
- Defining confidence
- How we both love Neil Pasricha’s "Rose Rose Bud Thorn" exercise for bringing more conversation, gratitude and positivity into your life.
- Her journey in losing 300 lbs and how she did it. The benefits beyond weight loss like her hormonal balance, better period, no cramps
- How she overcame her nerves and has made a career out of public speaking
- Four key questions to ask yourself at the end of the day (Walker, Vienna and I do this all the time)
- Cutting out alcohol in 2020
- Finding your life's purpose
- What's next for Raia!
Find Raia on Instagram
Find Raia on LinkedIn or her website