This week, Joy chats with Dr. Aliya Visram a chiropractor, acupuncturist, and co-founder of wellbe family wellness clinic in Toronto. She is also the co-founder of bloom balance, a collection of wellness products rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine. She combines her background in pre and postnatal care and pediatric wellness with a passion for Eastern Medicine techniques and practices for a deeper understanding of the way the body functions. As a mother herself, Dr Aliya is on a mission to create accessible wellness options for families to help them grow and thrive.
In this episode Dr. Aliya shares simple, actionable steps you can take to start your own self-care practice to increase energy and vitality. She also discusses the most common issues she sees in her practice along with tips for you and the family to incorporate for joyous health. You’ll love her vibrant energy and holistic approach to wellness!
If you’re looking for simple advice you can incorporate into your routine to increase energy flow and balance in your body then you won’t want to miss this episode. So settle in with a soothing cuppa tea and get ready to be inspired to boost your chi, naturally!
- How Dr. Aliya became interested in chiropractic, acupuncture, and self-care practices rooted in Eastern medicine.
- Her work with women during pregnancy and post-partum.
- The importance of having a community to support you after childbirth.
- What TCM is and how she practices it.
- A description of chi, energy flow, & meridians.
- How stuck chi can cause imbalances in the body.
- Issues that can cause chi to become stuck.
- At home suggestions to increase the flow of chi.
- The benefits of facial acupuncture.
- The most common health concerns she sees in her practice.
- How acupuncture can be a great part of a self-care routine.
- Dr. Aliya’s favourite simple health hacks for balance.
- The importance of incorporating activities that increase blood flow in the body.
- Why you want to change how you support your body at different times of year.
- Individualized approaches to balancing your energy.
- Dr. Aliya’s journey through the hormonal shifts of perimenopause.
- Why she loves using gua sha at the end of the day to release tension.
- What to look for when shopping for gua sha.
- The top health issues she sees in kids in her practice.
- Her recommendations for raising healthy kids.
Dr. Aliya on Instagram
bloom balance on TikTok
bloom balance on Instagram
bloom balance on Facebook
wellbe family wellness on Instagram
Dr. Aliya’s Website
bloom balance Website
wellbe family wellness Website