I've been reading this fantastic book: The Mastery of Love. And I was thinking to myself last night, everyone needs to read this book!!! So I thought I would write a post inspired by my current read.
Now in the summer of 2011, I posted an article about ways to feel sexier, but this is an updated and even sexier version of that post, inspired by my book. Feeling sexy is really ALL about confidence. With that in mind, here are six ways to feel sexy (and more confident) now!
1. Zap the negative talk immediately. If you call yourself fat, ugly, not worthy or even think this, then stop immediately. Yes, it really IS as simple as this. You have a choice don't you? There's no one directing your thoughts, but you. So change that thought to a positive one.
As I've said before on my blog, YOU ARE YOUR OWN BEST CHEERLEADER. If you are criticizing yourself everyday then how can you expect others to respect you? Love the vessel you are in, it's the only one you've got.
2. Do a full body scan as often as possible. Meaning, check out your beautiful body completely naked in the mirror before you shower, or while you are skin brushing at LEAST 5 times a week. It's not easy the first time, but it will get easier every time you do it. Here are some tips on how to do this exercise: HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF NAKED.
3. Do affirm one thing you love about you every single day. It can be physical or not. But do tell yourself by writing it down and reading it out loud. Such as: I have the most beautiful arms. They allow me to hug my wife/husband/kids, pet my dog, throw a ball, lift my grocery bags.
4. When you feel vulnerable, EMBRACE IT. Share your vulnerability with someone else. It's okay to be scared, feel weak or be unsure from time to time. Sharing your vulnerabilities with someone else allows others to see the real you. I personally found this to be challenging for myself in past relationships with both girl friends and bfs. But now I realize that in order for true connection to occur, you must let your guard down.
The good news is that when you are truly open, honest and real with your feelings, people will love and respect you even more.
5. Never ever put up with someone else putting you down, abusing you or making you feel less than you are! Now, constructive criticism is a good thing and you should listen to what others have to say. However, if you are in an abusive relationship that is full of negativity, lacking in love, then do yourself a favour and move on.
You have the ability to do this.
Remember that when you are confident, you never allow anyone to treat you LESS than you would treat yourself. This is a very important point. Read it again!
6. EAT nourishing healthy food! This builds your confidence. If you are eating processed foods, refined sugar, fried foods, drinking excessive alcohol (more than 1-2 small drinks per day) and foods that are always cooked, and this last point might surprise you -- a diet that is healthy, but has absolutely no variety, you are definitely not getting enough nutrients.
What are you going to feed your brain with? The raw materials to make neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) to think happy thoughts, create beautiful skin, shiny hair can be found on your dinner plate.
Have a joyous day!