Say hi to Hello Joyous!
An organic, plant-based, sustainable beauty brand here to bring more joy to your day.
This is a follow up to my post last week on the 5 health reasons to get busy between the sheets (or wherever you like to have fun)! I said I was going to give you more reasons in this week's post, so here they are:
1. Sex improves your ticker. In a study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, scientists found that having sex twice or more a week reduced the risk of fatal heart attack by half for the men, compared with those who had sex less than once a month.
2. May reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Australian researchers reported that frequent ejaculations, especially in 20-something men, may reduce the risk of prostate cancer later in life. In another study, reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that frequent ejaculations, 21 or more a month, were linked to lower prostate cancer risk in older men, as well, compared with less frequent ejaculations of four to seven monthly. Boys - get busy!
3. Prevents dementia. Perry Bartlett, a professor at the University of Queensland's Brain Institute said a chemical called prolactin appeared to promote new cells in the brain."Prolactin levels go up during sex as well. So one could think of a number of more entertaining activities than running in order to regulate the production of nerve cells," Bartlett said.
4. Induces a restful sleep. Ever wonder why your guy or gal falls asleep after you get busy between the sheets? Sex releases endorphins which induce the Zzzzz's. Endorphins are a natural pain reliever too which can help with arthritic pain.
5. May help to regulate Aunt Flow. Endocrinologists at Columbia and Stanford universities found that women who have sex at least once a week have more-regular menstrual cycles than those who do it once in a blue moon.
Not to take away from the article, but that comic is from my state, haha.Reply
I thought it was laugh out loud funny... only a blogger would understand the odd humour though ;)
Reminds me of the George Michael song I Want Your Sex: Sex is natural - sex is good Not everybody does it But everybody should Sex is natural - sex is fun Turns out is will also help you live longer. Not that's a good excuse to jump in the sack!Reply