What a joyous conversation I had with Mary Mammoliti on The Kitchen Confession Podcast! We covered a ton of great topics from detox, food trends and the natural evolution of dietary habits over time.
Tune in to the episode on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or YouTube
In this episode we discuss:
- The role of your liver and what it does for you 24/7
- Why I don't see detoxing as just "clean eating"
- What I would change about my book "Joyous Detox" if I could turn back time
- Getting creative with your food choices
- Building a strong, resilient immune system
- Why a fever isn't a bad thing
- Herbal tea and fermented foods as immune-boosting warriors
- The importance of always tuning in and tweaking your diet
- What worked for you in your 20s won't work for you in your 30s, and so on
- Omega 3s for hormonal balance and why I take this fish oil
- My kitchen confession about coconut flour and a recipe in my first cookbook, Joyous Health
I have always been skeptical about 'detoxing'. I listen to the podcasts here. I will try cutting out refined sugar for 10 days and I am sure that I will face challenges. I also love baking. The body could use a temporary break from sugar. I also liked the lemon, honey and ginger tea. In my culture we also do a similar warm drink containing turmeric, milk, honey, ginger and a few spices when someone has a cold. Non-dairy milk can be substituted.Reply
That sounds delicious!