This week, Joy chats with Hannah Sunderani, the creator of the popular blog Two Spoons. Since she was last on the podcast she’s become a mum and authored The Two Spoons Cookbook: More Than 100 French-Inspired Vegan Recipes. She is an editor at the feedfeed, a contributor to Best of Vegan, and a recipe contributor to THRIVE and One Green Planet. Her recipes have also been featured in numerous magazines including Better Homes and Gardens, Simply Gluten-Free, VegNews, House & Home, and Hello! Fashion UK. To say she knows good food is the understatement of the year!
In this episode Hannah discusses her journey with infertility and what life is like with a ten month old as she runs her own business. She also dives deep into the creation process behind her new cookbook and shares her passion for simple, delicious food and sharing it with friends and family. After listening to this episode you will feel inspired to get in the kitchen to create meals the whole family will love.
If you’ve been looking for an honest representation of infertility, balancing motherhood and entrepreneurship, and the pure joy of delicious food then you won’t want to miss this episode! So grab your favourite cup of iced tea , settle in with your notebook, and get ready to be inspired to take your plant-based cooking to new culinary heights!
- Why she and her husband decided to move back to Canada to start their family.
- The mental health struggles that accompanied Hannah’s fertility journey.
- The creative, healing process of writing her cookbook… and then finding out she was pregnant!
- The community connection that comes from sharing your truth.
- Her experience with IVF and how her husband supported her journey.
- Hannah’s suggestions for supporting the body during fertility treatments.
- How trying so hard to get pregnant can be counterproductive.
- The importance of focusing on mental health so the health of the body can follow.
- Why she loves nature walks.
- How she juggles raising an infant while launching a cookbook.
- The importance of having a village to help raise your family.
- The importance of asking for help when you need it.
- Why new moms need time to themselves for their mental health.
- How Hannah researched her cookbook while living in France.
- Hannah’s experience watching the vegan scene blow up in France during the 4 years she lived there.
- How her food memories inspired the recipes in the Two Spoons Cookbook.
- How she learned from her local vendors at farmer’s markets to diversify her cooking.
- The weave of traditional and modern French cooking in the recipes Hannah created.
- Hannah’s favourite recipes from her cookbook.
- Her 10-month old son, Oliver’s, favourite recipes from her cookbook.
- Her experience with baby led weaning and why it wasn’t the best method for her family.
- The importance of not placing expectations on what your baby’s food journey looks like.
- Why you don’t have to create separate meals for your baby.
- The power of having mealtime together as a family.
- The importance of setting a foundation and then allowing your children their own agency.
Hannah on Instagram
Check out the Two Spoons Blog
Hannah on YouTube
Hannah on Facebook
Buy The Two Spoons Cookbook!
Try the Two Spoons App
Two Spoons Recipe Index
Hannah’s First Joyous Health Podcast Episode
Hannah’s Chocolate Almond Butter Truffles on the Joyous Health Blog!