Welcome to thoughtful, organic beauty
Hello Joyous is an organic, plant-based, sustainable beauty brand here to bring more joy to your day.
I've put together this video to share ways to support your immune system and keep it strong.
The single best way to avoid getting sick is by keeping your immune system healthy with nourishing foods and a healthy lifestyle.
In my latest video, I share 5 ways to keep your immune system in tip-top shape!
These are the points I talk about in my video
1. Make rest a priority. Our body's ability to fight infection is dramatically reduced when we are sleep deprived. Sleep restores the immune system.
2. Wash your hands. For at least 20 seconds - that is the amount of time needed to kill germs that fight infection. This is far more effective than wearing a face mask.
3. Manage stress. Just like being sleep deprived, your immune system does not function optimally when you are in the stress response.
4. Eat colourful immune-supportive superfoods. Kale, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, turmeric, winter squash are just a few of the foods that contain abundant phytonutrients that support your immune system.
Here are some immune-supportive recipe ideas
Baked Salmon with Kale Pesto
The Best Paleo Vegan Meatballs
Harvest Veggie Soup
Beet Cashew Dip
Creamy & Dreamy Kale Salad
5. Natural health supplements. If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know that I'm a huge fan of natural health supplements. I started using St. Francis Deep Immune more regularly a few years ago when my daughter started preschool. And I love the fact they have one for children as well because in the height of cold and flu season we are taking it every day.
Here are all the products I mentioned in my video:
And finally, it's important to have a healthy perspective and understand that coronavirus is NOT a deadly disease for most people.
The deaths compared to the number of people who have contracted it are still considered very low (95,000 cases as of today) according to Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization.
More on Joyous Health to Support Your Immune system
This post was sponsored by St. Francis Herb Farm but all opinions are my own.
Here's a healthy happy rest of your month!