I've written about how I balance my real life and online life on the blog before, as well as how to have a healthy relationship with social media , but because this is such a big topic that so many people struggle with today, I wanted to bring it to the Joyous Health Podcast!
This week we're talking about how you can have a healthy relationship with social media based on things I've learned while growing my business on social media. You'll learn more about how I've come to manage negative comments, how I create boundaries around social media and my personal life and ultimately, how I maintain a healthy relationship with social media!
Listen to the Joyous Health Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Play!
In this episode we discuss:
- How I respond to "your life and recipes look so perfect" comments
- What really happens behind the lens of social media
- Real life VS Online life
- The amount of work that actually goes into producing a recipe for the blog
- "Sexy selfies" and my shift away from them
- Why all that glitters is not gold (and why not to compare yourself to others)
- There's no such thing as an overnight success
- "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"
- How I got to where I am today
- The value of unfollowing people who don't make you feel good
- How I handle negative comments on social media (especially YouTube)
- Mean comments say more about the more person saying them and nothing about you
- Negativity breeds negativity (and positivity breeds positivity!)
- We have the power to shift the narrative based on how we interact on social media platforms
- Why "killing them with kindness" doesn't always work
- Creating healthy boundaries with social media and mobile devices
- How not to let social media consume your life
- A Public Service Announcement + a story that will stop you from texting and walking across the street
- How social media platforms are designed to be addictive
- The unofficial campaign to get Walker to share more of his amazing photography on his Instagram